DeVere Hotel has an ideal Sydney CBD hotel location. Our Sydney hotel is within easy reach of Kings Cross in a trendy and high-end area located just 20 minute walk or 5 minute drive from the Sydney CBD. Public trains and buses are just meters away.
As a result, you will be enjoying the similar life style as the slick residents of Potts Point with some of the best and most renowned restaurants and cafes right at your door step. Not to mention all the popular entertainment and party venues along the Golden Mile of Darlinghurst Road and Kings Cross just minutes from our Sydney hotel.
While you can comfortably walk to lots of interesting places and destinations from the DeVere Hotel in the Sydney CBD, travelling by public transport is as easy as stepping onto a local bus right outside the hotel entrance. Please read on for more details. For your convenience, useful links to Sydney Buses, City Rail (trains) and Sydney Tour Buses are provided below, please click on the links to check time tables and fares informations.
The most convenient form of public transport available to the guests at the DeVere Hotel is via bus route number 311. This route travel from Circular Quay (for Bridge Street, Martin Place, Opera House, Taronga Zoo and Manly Beach via Ferries etc.) through Woolloomooloo Bay up Macleay Street Potts Point then go towards Oxford Street, Elizabeth Street and terminated at Central Railway Square (for Chinatown, Paddy's Market and Broadway). And there is a bus stop right outside the hotel entrance.
The DeVere Hotel in Sydney’s CBD is also only five minutes walking distance from the Kings Cross Train Station. Just one stop towards the City you will arrive at Martin Place - the heart of the Sydney financial district and Pitt Street Mall Shopping.
The second stop will drop you off at Town Hall, the city centre and gateway to a lot of Sydney's Tourist attractions such as Queen Victoria Building, George Street Cinema complex and a 10 minutes walk to Darling Harbor and Cockle Bay Wharf. From Townhall station, you can change platform and visit other interesting places within the Sydney Rail networks such as the Airport Link, Olympic Park and the Blue Mountains.
From Kings Cross Station you can also go east and arrive at Bondi Junction - which is one of the most modern and biggest shopping complex in Australia. There is also regular bus connection to the world famous Bondi Beach and other Eastern Suburb beaches such as Coogee and Watsons Bay.
By Tour Buses
There are also other forms of transportation specifically cater for the visiting tourists, the ever popular Sydney Explorer Bus and Bondi Explorer Bus departs regularly along Macleay Street near the DeVere Hotel. Or perhaps you would prefer to tour around Sydney in a classic double decker bus, from Sydney Tours.
Shopping and Everyday Conveniences:
There is nothing more convenient than having a Woolworths Supermarket located directly opposite the DeVere Hotel Sydney. The Wooly in Potts Point opens seven days from 7.00am to 12.00 midnight. Other everyday conveniences that can be found within 5 minutes from the hotel include
- Impulse Chemist
- ATM terminals from three major banks
- Post Office
- Day Spas and Beauty Saloons
- Liquor Store and Delis
- Pizza parlour
- Japanese Sushi Bar
- 24 hr convenient stores, etc.
Macleay Street is also well known for its fashion boutiques and specialty homeware shops. There is even a weekend market at the Fitzroy Gardens (next to the Fountain) opens every Saturdays and Sundays.
Restaurants and Cafes
Potts Point is renowned for its concentration of its top class restaurants and popular cafes. Here are some of the best:
- The exotic India Downunder
- The Award winning Arun Thai
- Advanced reservations is essential in the Busshari Authentic Japanese Restaurant which has a huge selection of sake.
- The legendary Bourbon and Beef Steak has been completed refurbished and still offers the best Aussie style pub food and drinks.
Having a leisure cup of coffee along Macleay Street has long been regarded as part of the "latte culture" of the Eastern Suburb residents.
- You can visit the famous Fountain Café - a place to see or be seen.
- Or perhaps you would prefer the more intimate Toby's Arabica Coffee located just opposite the DeVere Hotel.
- If continental style is more of your cuppa, then you should look no further than Maggie's at Potts Point.
Mixing Business with Pleasure:
Apart from leisure travellers, a lot of the guests at the DeVere Hotel are here on business. Due to the unique location of Potts Point, it is a convenient base for people conducting business at destinations such as:
- Garden Island Naval Base
- HMAS Kuttabul - Naval Administration Head Quarter
- William Street Office Towers
- St Vincent's Hospital and nearby St Lukes Hospital
- University of Notre Dame
The Entertainment Venues
Kings Cross and Oxford Street Darlinghurst have long been regarded as the night entertainment capital of Sydney. But apart from the adult entertainment venues at the Cross or the Gay and Lesbian joints along Oxford Street there are plenty of socially popular venues and night clubs which attract local and international visitors on mass.
Venues for all comers:
- The Club Swan - social club of Sydney Swan AFL Team.
- The Piano Room - Paris Hilton was DJ here on New Years Eve.
- The Polo Lounge on Oxford Street - a popular Sydney A list venue for partying.
- The Sugar Mill Hotel with popular alfresco dining
- The Sapphire Lounge and the newest and very slick
- Kit & Kabooble Supper Club
Adult entertainment venues:
And then there are the usual adults nights spots, such as
- The Porky's Nite Spot,
- The World Famous Show Girls at Kings Cross and Dream Girls,
- The Moulin Rouge Sydney, etc.
44-46 Macleay Street,
Potts Point, Sydney,
NSW 2011, Australia
Bed & Breakfast
Accommodation Package including Full Buffet Breakfast.
Advance Purchase Rate
Enjoy a further 5% off any of our Best Available Rates when you make your DeVere Hotel booking more than 28 days in advance